Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
时间:2023-12-09 22:21:47 出处:부동산阅读（143）
The labor union of Kia Corp., South Korea's second-largest automaker, said Sunday it has failed to settle wage talks with the company again, raising the possibility of it staging a partial strike starting later this week.
Unless the two sides resume negotiations and reach an agreement by Tuesday, the union is expected to go on an eight-hour strike from Tuesday to Thursday and a 12-hour walkout on Oct. 20 as planned.
The move by Kia's union came as unionized workers of Hyundai Motor Co. voted last month to accept this year's wage deal, averting a strike for the fifth consecutive year. (Yonhap)
- Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
- 2023 LoL World Championship to entertain esports fans
- Traffic heavy on expressways following Chuseok
- Exhibition 'Hanbok, Revisited' offers modern tastes on traditional Korean clothing
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- S. Korea's drop in exports eases in Sept. on chip sales recovery
- Civic group to celebrate 70th anniversary of S. Korea
- Seoul's financial assistance for egg freezing receives attention from single women
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy